What is the ZEOvit system?
ZEOvit is a ultra low nutrient system that utilizes bacteria to help eliminate excess nutrients. The concept is to help provide an environment for our corals much closer to natural seawater than is found in a standard tank by reducing problem nutrients like nitrate and phosphate without affecting other parameters like calcium, alkalinity or magnesium.
Most aquarists look at the Korallen-Zucht ZEOvit system like a two step process. The first stage is using the ZEOvit reactor with ZEOlites, ZEObak, ZEOfood and ZEOStart (the basic four) to create a ultra low nutrient environment. The second step is to develop ideal coloration, health and growth using some of their additives based on amino acids, minerals, foods and other additives.
The Basic Four
Korallen-Zucht offers a wide verity of products but there are only four basic elements to the ZEOvit system. You will need a reactor for the ZEOlites and run carbon 24/7 but other than that these are the only four items you will need to get started.
- ZEOlites - These are a group of natural occurring minerals that have the ability to adsorb, ion exchange or retain molecules. The KZ mix consists of three different ZEOlites chosen for their ability to reduce toxins in a balanced manor. The ZEOlites do get consumed and should be replaced every 6-12 weeks depending on the tanks nutrient load. Use 1 liter of ZEOlite per 100 gallons of water.
- ZEObak Mircooanism solution – This liquid additive contains a verity of bacterial strains that form the proper chain for nutrient reduction. This product is used during the intial stages of starting a zeovit system as well as every time you replace the ZEOlites. It is also recommended to dose once or twice weekly to help maintain the microgoranisms.
- ZEOfood combination of bacteria and coral food - This product is designed to be food for the dosed microorganisms to help them multiply as well as provide a food source for corals. ZEOfood is primarly composed of amino acids and vitamins which enable corals to uptake necessary nutrients which leads to a natural brilliant coloration.
- ZEOstart bacteria food – A liquid nutrition source that promotes the reproduction of all nitrifying bacteria in the aquarium. Addition of ZEOstart to the system is very effective at reducing phosphate and nitrate.
Some other factors to consider when using the ZEOvit System
- It is recommended to not use any other type of phosphate remover such as GFO or aluminum based compounds. The ZEOvit system alone is fully capable of maintaining ultra low phosphate levels.
- It is recommended that you run activated carbon continuously
- The protein skimmer is a critical component of the ZEOvit system. Be sure you are maintaining and cleaning it properly.
- Lighting is also a critical component. They suggest using primary bulbs in the 10-14k range and supplementing with other bulbs in the bluer spectrum if necessary.
- It is also critical to use RO/DI water for water changes and top of water to reduce the nutrients added to the system.
- Limit the other additives dosed to the tank to reduce. The ZEOvit line has a variety of their own additives which as all based on adding very small amounts slowly and the rest is taken care of with a good water change schedule and quality salt mix.
Starting at: $18.99
Starting at: $19.99
Starting at: $42.99
Starting at: $69.99
Out of stock
Out of stock