- Home /
- Algae: A Problem Solver Guide by Julian Sprung
22 Reward Points
Regular Price: $26.99
Special Price: $22.94
29 Reward Points
Regular Price: $34.99
Special Price: $29.74
Excellent reference but very technical By Carole on 4/26/2014Carole would recommend this product to a friendThis small soft covered book is an excellent reference for the saltwater aquarium enthusiast. It has great detail although it is very technical. There are numerous photographs which compliment the text well. Because of its technical nature it may not suit all reefers.
thorough By Daniel on 3/21/2014Daniel would recommend this product to a friendThis book is for a biologist. Extremely technical, talks about about everything to do with algae, and uses all the scientific names and language. I found this book very helpful, but difficult to understand sometimes.
Very informative book By Alex on 8/5/2012Alex would recommend this product to a friendOverall I'm quite happy with the book as it helps identify the algae, then provides food sources for each. Eliminating the food source will eventually eliminate algae in question, which is exactly what I was looking for.
The overview in the beginning of the book was very informative, but perhaps a bit too scientific. Lacking a degree in biology, it was a little hard to comprehend completely.
i wouldnt waste your time By Richard on 3/27/2012Richard wouldn't recommend this product to a friendUnless you have a chemistry/biology degree, you'd be better off looking online for better informative info. for the money you pay for this book, i was expecting little more than a pamplet of information with a fancy cover. most people nowadays want a step by step to problem solving anything and told exactly what to do or try. This book felt like a lot of filler was put in their to fill the pages, and i found myself more lost than when i began to read the book. great author though, and he knows his stuff, but too scientific for me
There are no videos related to this product.
Highlights of this book:
- Identifies algae that become "problematic" in aquariums.
- Explains the Physical, Chemical, and Biological requirements of algae.
- Over 180 color photographs, including photographs taken under the microscope to show identifying features.
- Extensive recommendations for ways to control algae growth.
- How to eliminate Red Slime Algae once and for all.
- How to stop Green Hair Algae from ruining your aquarium.
- How to stop a dinoflagellate bloom.
- How to control diatoms.
- New herbivores for controlling Bryopsis and other hair algae.
- New herbivores that eat Valonia
Deal of the Day!
BRS Reef Chili Coral FoodEnds in00:00:00:00
Deal of the Day!
BRS 2 Part Calcium & Alkalinity Total Package with DosersEnds in00:00:00:00
Deal of the Day!
Refractometer for Reading Salinity with Calibration FluidEnds in
Regular Price: $39.99
Special Price: $24.9900:00:00:00
- Black Friday Deals & Doorbusters
- Bulk Media & Additives
- Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems
- Bulk Dry Live Rock & Live Sand
- Auto Top Off Systems
- Calcium, Alkalinity & Trace Elements
- Controllers, Monitors & Testing
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
- Pumps & Plumbing
- Salt Mix & Tank Maintenance
Skimmers & Reactors
- Internal Protein Skimmers
- External Protein Skimmers
- Hang On Skimmers
- Ozone Equipment
- Nano Skimmers & Accessories
- UV Sterilizers
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Specials, New & BRS Gear
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-F
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427