- Home /
- Algae: A Problem Solver Guide by Julian Sprung
Regular Price: $79.99
Special Price: $71.99
Out of stock
31 Reward Points
Regular Price: $34.99
Special Price: $31.49
24 Reward Points
Regular Price: $26.99
Special Price: $24.29
thorough By Daniel on 3/21/14Daniel would recommend this product to a friendThis book is for a biologist. Extremely technical, talks about about everything to do with algae, and uses all the scientific names and language. I found this book very helpful, but difficult to understand sometimes.
Very informative book By Alex on 8/5/12Alex would recommend this product to a friendOverall I'm quite happy with the book as it helps identify the algae, then provides food sources for each. Eliminating the food source will eventually eliminate algae in question, which is exactly what I was looking for.
The overview in the beginning of the book was very informative, but perhaps a bit too scientific. Lacking a degree in biology, it was a little hard to comprehend completely.
i wouldnt waste your time By Richard on 3/27/12Richard wouldn't recommend this product to a friendUnless you have a chemistry/biology degree, you'd be better off looking online for better informative info. for the money you pay for this book, i was expecting little more than a pamplet of information with a fancy cover. most people nowadays want a step by step to problem solving anything and told exactly what to do or try. This book felt like a lot of filler was put in their to fill the pages, and i found myself more lost than when i began to read the book. great author though, and he knows his stuff, but too scientific for me
There are no videos related to this product.
Ask a Question About 'Algae: A Problem Solver Guide by Julian Sprung'
Previously Asked Questions
No questions have been asked yet.
Highlights of this book:
- Identifies algae that become "problematic" in aquariums.
- Explains the Physical, Chemical, and Biological requirements of algae.
- Over 180 color photographs, including photographs taken under the microscope to show identifying features.
- Extensive recommendations for ways to control algae growth.
- How to eliminate Red Slime Algae once and for all.
- How to stop Green Hair Algae from ruining your aquarium.
- How to stop a dinoflagellate bloom.
- How to control diatoms.
- New herbivores for controlling Bryopsis and other hair algae.
- New herbivores that eat Valonia
Deal of the Day!
Milwaukee SMS125 pH/ORP Controller ComboEnds in
Regular Price: $214.99
Special Price: $193.4900:00:00:00
- Bulk Media & Additives
- Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems
- Bulk Dry Live Rock & Live Sand
- BRS Additives
- Red Sea Additives
- Korallen-Zucht Additives
- Two Little Fishies
- Fauna Marin Aquarium Additives
- Auto Top Off Systems
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
- Aquarium Lighting
- Medications & Pest Removal
- Monitors & Controllers
- Protein Skimmers
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Tank Maintenance & Salt Mix
- UV & Ozone
- Videos & Books
- New Products
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-Th
10am-4pm CST Friday
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427