- Home /
- AccliMate by Reef Gently
32 Reward Points$32.99
Starting at: $9.99
Starting at: $2.99
Fish trap only! By Ed on 12/27/2013Ed wouldn't recommend this product to a friendVery poor design. Suction cups are held on with screws that go thru holes in the container and constantly leak because screws can't get a good hold of suction cups allowing water to leak. Needs a hook to hold the unit on tank. Not suction cups. I lost a $65 tang because the suction Cups slipped on the glass and dumped all the water and fish on floor! Works great as fish trap though. Rather than that it is terrible.
Super easy and awesome! By Mayja on 9/5/2013Mayja would recommend this product to a friendI've had one of these for 7 months. Every fish I have was acclimated with this device. It is so easy to use, and don't worry about the suction cups letting go - they won't.
My LFS has gotten used to the idea that I need a lot more water from him and he knows to give me an extra bag of water. But, I always have to explain this device when I use a different store to pick up my fish. Generally, it's not an issue and most stores are fine with it since it's considering the safety of the fish.
Buy one! You won't regret it!
Previously Asked Questions
by Nick Hall on September 5, 2013, @12:51 PM
How do you keep the temperature correct in the acclimation box if placed on outside? Drip acclimation is too slow to help with temperature. What would you advise to do with this kit? Once I know, I am willing to give this a shot!
Bulk Reef Supply Hey Nick,
The video is worth a watch for a really all encompassing instructions but in terms of your specific question, most drip acclimation is done quickly enough that the temperature won't be an issue. If your have a particularly sensitive piece of live stock and are doing a very long drip acclimation you can actually mount the acclimate box inside the aquarium itself.
- .5 gallon capacity
- Will hold an aquarium fish up to 2-1/2” long
- Outer Tank Size: 7-5/8” W x 3-3/8” D x 6-1/4” H
- Inner Tank Size: 7-1/8” W x 2-3/4” D x 5” H
- Suction Cups: 2-1/2” diameter
- Material: 3/16” thick acrylic
- AccliStick included
- 1.75 gallon capacity
- Will hold an aquarium fish up to 4” long
- Center divider for inner tank allows for two species
- Outer Tank Size: 11-1/4” W x 5-1/2” D x 9-1/4” H
- Inner Tank Size: 10-5/8” W x 4-1/4” D x 7-5/8” H
- Suction Cups: 3-1/4” diameter
- Material: 1/8” thick acrylic
- AccliStick included
Acclimation is simple
- Set up the acclimation drip with the AccliStick, set a time and walk away
- Water in the AccliMate is slowly exchanged with the tank water with the dual siphon, Continuous Exchange System (CES)
- Bring your Acclimate to the fish store
- Sliding lid with hook and loop closure keeps lid, fish and water in place
- Be sure to bring extra water from the fish store to aid in the acclimation process
Trap and Isolate
The inner tanks with flow-through holes can be secured to the inside walls of the aquarium using the included suction cups. Can be used for in tank isolation, quarantine, targeted feeding and more.
Follow manufacturer's instructions for best results.
AccliStick Standard Drip Rate Guide - Reef Gently
|Species Type||AccliStick Station||Acclimation Time||Min. Waste Water Container Size - Gallons|
|Semi-Hardy||13||1 hour, 29 minutes||2|
|Average||14||2 hours, 26 minutes||2|
|Sensitive||15||4 hours, 16 minutes||2|
|Ultra-Sensitive||16||8 hours, 11 minuties||2|
Deal of the Day!
BRS DIY Kalk Dripper KitEnds in$21.9900:00:00:00
- Rock & Sand
- Auto Top Off
- Cal, Alk & Trace
- Controllers & Testing
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
Pumps & Plumbing
- Submersible Pumps
- External Pumps
- Dosing Pumps
- Air Pumps & Accessories
- Salt & Maintenance
- Skimmers, Reactors & Filtration
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Specials, New & BRS Gear
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-Th
10am-4pm CST Friday
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427